For further information regarding the referral process and required documentation, please refer to the TRP application.
- Current problems are primarily due to military related PTSD or post-deployment adjustment difficulties;
- Patients must be psychiatrically and medically suitable for admission to the residential rehabilitation level of care and able to actively participate in and benefit from treatment in this setting;
- Must be able to remain alcohol and illegal substance free during treatment at the program and not be actively withdrawing from alcohol or illegal substances;
- Off benzodiazepines for at least 5 days (medically/clinically appropriate exceptions are considered on a case by case basis);
- May be on prescribed opiates at standing doses for the purpose of managing stable chronic pain. Please include a pain consult or other notes regarding the use of opiates with the application;
- Must not have any outstanding legal issues requiring the Veteran or active duty service member to be absent during any portion of the program or to be court ordered specifically to this program;
- For active duty service members: Must be assigned or attached to a Military Medical Command (e.g. Wounded Warrior Battalion, Warrior Transition Unit, medical hold unit, etc.).
Military Sexual Trauma (MST) Eligibility:
Veterans who have been subject to sexual trauma while in the military are eligible for health care benefits for conditions related to the sexual trauma. The law defines sexual trauma as sexual harrassment, sexual assault, rape and other acts of violence to include unsolicited verbal or physical contact of a sexual nature which is threatening. You may enroll and receive counseling and treatment free of charge for any emotional or physical conditions that were a result of sexual trauma suffered while on active duty, or active duty for training for service members in the Reserves or National Guard.
For further information, contact the MST Coordinator at any VA health care facility, or contact any Readjustment Counseling Center (Vet Center) in the continental United States. You will be treated without regard to your service-connected rating status or length of military service.
For more information, please visit the MST Web Site.